A small-scale tidal current turbine demonstrator – being developed by Spanish Seaplace and UK’s Magnomatics – has achieved one third more efficiency during testing than had been previously predicted.A 6kW turbine demonstrator, with rotational speeds of up to 120 ppm, was recently tested at a facility in Madrid, where it achieved better results than anticipated, the developers said.The project is looking to harness the power of sea currents as an alternative energy source by designing a turbine with pseudo direct drive (PDD) technology to deliver high torque, low speed power for the machine.The design of the device being developed by the companies – a floating tension-tethered and self-steerable marine-current (FTMC) turbine – is said to allow the exploitation of marine currents in areas deeper than 60 meters, or in areas with irregular seabed where fixed devices are too expensive to deploy.The FTMC turbine put through its paces in a test basin (Photo: Seaplace) The Sheffield-based company developing magnetic gear technology Mangomatics was in charge of the PDD generator design, while the turbine itself was designed by the Spanish offshore engineering experts from Seaplace.Using kinetic energy of ocean currents as a means of generating power is a relatively young technology compared with developments in other fields of alternative power generation, according to Magnomatics.David Latimer, Magnomatics’ Chief Executive, said: “The possibilities presented by using ocean currents as an alternative energy source are far-reaching. The European Commission estimates that 0.1% of the energy content in ocean waves could be capable of supplying the entire world’s energy demand five times over.“Currently, energy harnessed from currents meets just 0.02% of the EU’s energy requirements.”The 32-month long project kicked off on April 1, 2016 – under the Eurostars Program, aimed at market-oriented transnational projects.The full-scale turbine will measure around 26 meters in diameter, with a propeller diameter of approximately 18 meters, with five blades to each propeller, according to Magnomatics.
Aberdeen-based oil company Siccar Point Energy has decided to defer the drilling of the Lyon exploration well offshore the Shetland Islands until 2019.The exploration well 208/2-A (Lyon) is located in license P.1854, approximately 125 kilometers northwest of the Shetland Islands. The water depth at the site is about 1,444 meters.The initial drilling program was supposed to take place from May to August 2018 immediately following the Cambo appraisal well which has not been completed yet.Siccar Point said on Tuesday that, with the Cambo well operations due to be completed shortly, the drilling of the Lyon well would be pushed back to 2019.According to the company, this is primarily to mitigate the risk of weather downtime as the well would continue into the winter season if drilled in direct continuation with Cambo.The Lyon well will now form part of Siccar Point’s 2019 drilling program which also includes the Blackrock exploration well in license P.1830.Jonathan Roger, CEO of Siccar Point, said: “Given the challenges of winter drilling West of Shetland, it makes sense to defer the Lyon well until next year to minimize the likely cost. On the plus side, we have had a very successful result on Cambo and look forward to progressing that into the development phase.”To remind, Siccar farmed out 66.66% of the P.1854 license to Ineos in late 2017. The company retained the operatorship and the remaining 33.34% working interest.The company then extended a contract with North Atlantic Drilling Ltd. (NADL) for the West Hercules semi-submersible rig for the drilling of the Lyon well. The West Hercules was also hired for the drilling of the Cambo appraisal well.Back in August 2018, Siccar Point concluded well testing operations on the 204/10a-5 appraisal well in the Cambo field, confirming over 100ft of oil column and a higher than anticipated net pay of 58ft.Location of the P.1854 license; Source: Siccar
Posted in ziyevidgTagged: 上海fl ty gm, 上海哪里还能TY, 上海夜网后花园, 嘉兴高端商务会所, 夜上海论坛KZ, 天津快活林, 爱上海AL, 爱上海EY, 爱上海FG, 爱上海ST, 约学生价格, 附近人100元去她家玩.